Professional Course In Copyediting and Proofreading
Date : June 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24 & 25 (Fridays & Saturdays) (2 pm to 5 pm)
Venue : Zoom Online workshop
Course fees: Rs. 14,000/-
Special offer: Rs. 11,800 only
If you are a fresher contemplating to take the plunge into the corporate world or looking for a change in your career and you have a fair amount of writing skills, this course will help you to hone your skills in basic grammar and learn copy editing skills.
This in-depth copy-editing professional certificate course will make you industry ready and an enviable candidate for MNCs and publishing houses who look for candidates with ample knowledge in copy editing before they hire.
You can also take up jobs in the newspaper industry, magazines, and small businesses. If you do not want to take up a full time job, this course will be most ideal for you to project yourself as a freelancer.
Our copy editing program consists of a series of dedicated modules covering copy editing fundamentals. Towards the end of the course, participants will be able to
- Review grammar, spelling, punctuation, style, and readability
- Research and verify facts
- Spot typographical errors
- Edit for style and language
- Express ideas clearly and logically while adhering to editorial policies
- Preserve the author voice throughout the copy-revision process
Who can apply?
The professional course in copyediting and proofreading certification course is intended for professionals at all levels in fields, such as publishing, journalism, marketing, management, education, and the social science. Individuals interested in developing specific copyediting skills or updating their abilities to produce professionally written documents in any industry will benefit from the program’s detail-driven approach to copyediting
Participants must be a graduate in any stream and knowledge of basic English grammar is essential.
MODULE 1 – REFINE YOUR GRAMMAR SKILLS
Parts of speech- Noun, pronoun, adjective, verb and its forms, preposition, conjunction, adverb, phrases and clauses
MODULE 2 – PROOFREADING
- Editing for style- Elements of style including spelling, capitalization, abbreviations, and numbers
- Punctuation for professionals- Commas, colons, quotation marks, ellipses, and dashes
- Proofreading marks
- Tools for exploring the required information
- Standard Proofreading
- Comparison proofing
MODULE 3 – COPYEDITING
- Difference between copyediting and proofreading
- Preparing style sheets
- Editing skills- Editing for conciseness and for bias- free language
- Types of editing- Basic editing, Substantive editing, Technical editing
- Referencing styles- APA, Chicago, Harvard, MLA, Vancouver